Saturday, May 11, 2013

Life of Pi - movie


Life of Pi
2012
*****
5 stars - glorious beyond belief






Just watch it, OK?

I read the book and then I avoided the movie thinking "how can they ever capture this on the big screen?"

Well, friends, the movie was actually better than the book (gasp, you heard me, better than the book).

The plot is simple enough. A young man survives a shipwreck, only to find himself adrift in the Pacific ocean and sharing his lifeboat with a Bengal tiger. 

It is a beautiful film with breathtaking images. It challenges your emotions, but also leaves you with a sense of peace and admiration for the magic of life. Beyond that, I just cannot describe it.

Warning - there are some scary moments for animal lovers (hard to watch even knowing the animals were surely animated at times), but don't let that deter you because the story is too wonderful to miss.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, amazing movie. I hadn't read the book so didn't have anything to compare it to. I must say, James and I sat with a strange combination of movie goers. I didn't think it was a kids movie and there were families there with youngish children. Some people laughed at moments in the movie which we felt to be quite moving and emotional. I wondered if we were watching the same movie! No worries, and love, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched this on the 3D TV here. It was very impressive!

    ReplyDelete