Monday, July 20, 2015

Scents and Sensibility by Spenser Quinn

Scents and Sensibility
by Spenser Quinn
2015
*****
5 stars - It's Chet and Bernie!
ALR Green - but just remember that Chet and Bernie live dangerous lives, some maybe some yellow moments


Do I need to say anything other than this is the latest Chet and Bernie book? I don't think so. Not only do I buy Chet and Bernie books in hardcover, I pre-order. That's how much I love this series.

Back in action! This time on the trail of the son of their next door neighbor. Bit of an issue with a cactus appearing on the front lawn. A stolen cactus! Things get all tangled up pretty fast. Before you know it, somebody is dead and thugs are keen to shut down The Little Detective Agency before Chet and Bernie get too close to solving the mystery.

Lots of fun doggie action, bad guys, good guys, and a wonderful surprise (I'm not telling).

Mr. Parsons straightened, scratched his head. That's a human thing for when they're confused. In the nation within - which is what Bernie calls my kind - we scratch our heads too, but only if they're itchy. And wouldn't you know? Seeing Mr. Parsons scratching his head made my own head itchy! So for a moment or two we were both scratching away, me and old man Parsons. What a life!


1 comment:

  1. I love a fun mystery with a dog for a main character. I've been reading the Mac Faraday series (I don't know if it's available beyond Kindle) and he has a German Shepherd named Gnarly who was discharged from the Army (probably for being too smart, but they won't discuss him), is a kleptomaniac, and does hand signals. He's highly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete