Thursday, January 21, 2016

Shutting Down the Blog and Moving to Goodreads

Friends, when something that you do in your spare time becomes a chore, it's time to move on.

While I have taken pleasure in writing my book reviews, of late it has been hard to motivate myself to set fingers to keyboard. So, I will no longer be updating this blog.

Fear not! I will continue to track my reading activities on Goodreads and will start writing more robust reviews there. I encourage my bookish pals to sign up for Goodreads and become my reading friend (my profile picture is jars of fruit).

Yes, even you, Mom. Goodreads rocks. It's easy to keep lists of books to read and books read. There are reading recommendations for every genre imaginable, author pages, giveaways, and more. Plus it's a low key site that won't bombard you with ads or spam email.

While Goodreads doesn't provide an Animal Lover Rating, I will be sure to always include warnings for sensitive readers in my reviews.

And now, onward!

4 comments:

  1. I'll go over. Thanks for the tip - and kisses to Dexter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello mango momma its dennis the vizsla dog hay dada is a fan of goodreads too!!! but i think yoo noo that alreddy ha ha!!! see yoo over their!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss you, Nancy. I belong to Goodreads, but have never figured out how to really use it; I may have to try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try to hook up with you over at Goodreads. I like your reviews and have learned about new or new to me books through this blog.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete