Sunday, January 17, 2016

Two Super Quick Reviews

Just not feeling the full review love today, so I'm keeping these two very short.
One five star book, one single star book.

The Bees
by Laline Paull
2014
*
1 star - ugh


Here's the thing. If you're going to write an allegory, you still need to write well. Ms. Paull does not.

On the other hand...

Caliban's War
by James S.A. Corey
2012
*****
5 stars - way cool awesome


Galactic politics, action, romance, science, vomit zombies, alien slime, what more could you ask for?

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! "vomit zombies?! alien slime?" And 5-stars? I have to check this out!

    I've missed you! This is great - reviews! I love it! I have a lot of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vomit zombies sounds like it's right up Ryan's alley!

    ReplyDelete